New: Step-by-Step Medical Self Certification Guide!
Commerical Driver License (CDL)
Commercial Driver License (CDL) – issued to a customer operating a commercial vehicle. Depending upon the type of vehicle being operated, the individual is required to hold a Class A, B, or C Commercial Driver License. Each license class requires examinations designed to test the knowledge and skills necessary to safely operate a commercial vehicle.
CDL Testing and Certify
CDL Written Testing: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in our Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Lake Mary, or Winter Springs office locations only.
Detailed information is available at www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/cdl.html.
CDL Hazmat Services
We are excited to announce that we are now offering CDL Hazmat services. These services are available for Seminole County residents by appointment only, at our Altamonte Springs Branch, located at 150 N. Westmonte Dr. Altamonte Springs, FL 32714. Schedule Your appointment now.
- The USA Patriot Act requires all states to conduct fingerprint-based background checks on customers applying for a CDL Hazmat endorsement.
- The Hazmat Knowledge Test, TSA Background Check, and Livescan fingerprinting are required to obtain a first-time Hazmat endorsement and for each subsequent renewal.
- A valid Florida CDL may only be replaced with a valid H or X endorsement at Tax Collector offices.
- Hazmat endorsed CDLs are valid for a period of four years.
- Customers who have obtained a Hazmat endorsed CDL from a state other than Florida are required to pass the Florida Hazmat Knowledge Test and TSA Background Check.
- The fee for hazmat background check and fingerprinting is $91.00**
**This fee is a separate fee and is not included with an original, renewal, or replacement cost of the CDL license.
We encourage you to print and complete form HSMV71141 attached below and have it ready for your appointment.