Friendly Tax Payment Reminders:
To expedite your payment, please adhere to the following:
- Please DO NOT print or mark on the payment coupon
- Please DO NOT staple or tape any documents together
- Please DO NOT call to verify your payment has been received
- Please DO verify that your check is properly completed and your information up-to-date
- Please DO call your mortgage company directly if you’re unsure if they plan to pay your taxes
- Please DO refer to the back of your tax notice for information if you have recently sold your home
- Please allow at least 24-48 hours for your tax payment balance to update on the web if paying online
We offer many payment options:
Online: Credit Card* and E-check*
In person: Cash, Check, Credit Card*, Money Order
Mail: Check**, Money Order
Wire: Wire Transfer Information
* Credit Card has a service fee of 2.35%; e-check a $1.00 service fee
** Allow two weeks for processing and up to ten days to clear your bank
Physical Mailing Address for Tax Payments for FedEx & UPS
Seminole County Tax Collector
1101 East First St Room 1200
Sanford, FL 32771
Please Note: Canceled or Stop-Payment checks may result in further delays and/or penalties or higher fees.
Property and Tangible Tax Payments
Electronic payment transactions made online will incur a third-party processing fee added to your total payment amount. This fee is added by our payment service provider to secure all transactions. No part of the third-party fee is imposed or retained by the office of the Seminole County Tax Collector.
Taxes & Assessments
Under Florida Statute 197, the Tax Collector has the responsibility for the collection of ad valorem taxes and non-ad valorem tax assessments. These are levied by the county, municipalities, and various taxing authorities in the county. Taxes are based on the assessed value and the millage of each taxing authority.
Real Estate taxes become delinquent on April 1st of each year. After real estate taxes have become delinquent, they are advertised in a local newspaper and the advertising and collection cost is added proportionately to each delinquent tax bill.
Property Tax Payments
Payments accepted in our offices by Cash, Check, Debit Card, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Money Order or Cashier's Check.