Attention Motor Vehicle, Vessel, and Mobile Home Dealers:
***IMPORTANT: As of November 17th, 2023, all authorization letters on file with our offices will become null and void. As we attempt to update all records, we will require a new, current letter for every dealership and business wishing to receive fast titles in Seminole County. Please review the requirements regarding the Fast Title Authorization letters.
As of July 1, 2023, the Form HSMV 82040 Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration has been updated by FLHSMV (Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle). The new version provides three separate forms:
• HSMV 82040 MV – Application for Certificate of Motor Vehicle Title
• HSMV 82040 VS – Application for Certificate of Vessel Title
• HSMV 82040 MH – Application for Certificate of Mobile Home Title
IMPORTANT: Effective July 1, 2023 ALL certificates of titles issued for vessels will be required to be processed using Form HSMV 82040 VS – Application for Certificate of Vessel Title. All vessels sold on or after July 1 will need to include the updated application with the transfer of title documents.
The new Forms HSMV 82040 MV – Application for Certificate of Motor Vehicle Title and HSMV 82040 MH - Application for Certificate of Mobile Home Title will be required effective January 1, 2024 however we encourage you to begin using the newest version of the form to become familiar with it prior to the required date of use.
Please review Information Notice INFO 23-023 for additional information.
Training and Information
Dealer Title Service Hours
Branch Office Service Policy
Notice to Commercial Accounts
Effective August 1, 2022
The office of the Seminole County Tax Collector occasionally modifies our Commercial Accounts Service Policy regarding the number of individual dealer, title service, and financial institution transactions we will process. As of August 1, 2022, we are implementing the following changes:
2 Transactions per check
No Dealer Transactions
2 Transactions per check
1 Transaction per check
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm
A total of 6 transactions per day per dealer, financial institution, or title service may be processed over the counter at all locations, except Altamonte Springs. The Altamonte Springs Dealer Section permits a total of 4 transactions daily.
- No dealer transactions processed at any of our branch offices during the lunch hours of 12:00pm – 2:00pm. You may continue to come in after the 2:00 pm cut off time however if wait times are extensive due to staffing levels walk-in services may be cut.
- No further call to a workstation or Que-ticket will be issued to process commercial account work after 4:45pm. The Altamonte Springs Dealer Section stops walk-in services at 4:00pm..
- A total of six (6) transactions per day, per dealer, financial institution, or title service may be processed over the counter. The Altamonte Springs Dealer Section permits a total of four (4) transactions.
- You may still choose to drop any amount of dealer, financial institution, or title service transactions at any time during our office hours and it will be processed and ready for your pick-up within 48 to 72 hours. The Altamonte Springs Dealer Section turnaround time can range from 72 to 96 hours, due to heavy volume.
- Effective November 4, 2019 Towing & Storage and Labor & Storage transactions are NO longer processed over the counter at any of our locations. The paperwork must be dropped, and it will be ready for your pick-up within 48 to 96 hours.
Our goal is to provide our commercial accounts with good customer service, while acknowledging our responsibility to provide equal timely service to all our other walk-in customers. We believe our dropped dealer work turn-around, generally within 24 to 48 hours, and occasionally at the 72-hour standard, is unequaled in the surrounding counties that are willing to process your transactions.
*At managerial discretion, we may limit service to any out of county dealer, financial institution, or title service.
Memos From The Tax Collector/DHSMV Notices
- Fast Title Authorization Letters
- Garage Liability Insurance and Dealer Plates Update
- Payment of DHSMV Fees for Vehicle Transactions Processed
- Commercial Accounts Credit/Debit Card Transmittal Form
Fast Title Services
Visit any one of our six office locations for an original title, title transfer, or duplicate title while you wait.
There is an additional service fee of $10.00 for vehicle titles; $5.00 for vessel titles.
It's that time of year again, get your credits now!
The DMV requires you to renew your Continuing Education (CE) Credits every two years. Learn more.