Concealed Weapons Permit –Reopening May 18
- Concealed Weapons Permit is by Appointment only, no walk-ins will be taken at this time.
- In order to continue to follow safety guidelines issued by the CDC and OSHA, all customers will be required to wear a facial covering upon entry into the building and for the duration of their appointment.
- Please visit https://seminolecounty.tax/appointments to schedule an appointment.
We serve as a county agent for the Florida Department of Agriculture for the single purpose of performing limited permit application processing functions.
- This service is only available at 766 N. Sun Drive, Suite 2090, Lake Mary.
- All forms of payment are accepted.
- A convenience fee will apply for all credit and debit card payments. This is a fee assessed by a third -party secure processor. The Tax Collector's Office does not retain any of this fee.
- Our convenience service fee of $12 for a renewal and $22 for an original application (to cover our cost) is in addition to the Florida Department of Agriculture permit fee.
- Bring your military ID card or supporting papers with you.
- Walk-in hours:
- Monday through Friday
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cut-Off time: 4:30 p.m.
- Holiday Schedule
- Monday through Friday
- Wait time varies as standbys are assisted in-between applicants with an appointment that may be a no show.
- Schedule an appointment
- No replacements are performed at the Sun Drive office.
- The Florida Concealed Weapons permit is not reciprocal from state to state.
- You may use an out-of-state Driver License to apply.
- Certificates of completion or training from other states are accepted.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be applied for renewals expired for six months or less. After six months of expiration, you must re-apply for an original permit.
- More information is available at the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website.
What should I bring with me to the Tax Collector's office?
- A picture ID (a driver license or state-issued identification card is perfectly acceptable)
- A copy of a training document or other certificate (see training requirements for information about proper training documentation in the FAQs section).
- A personal check, cashier’s check, cash, or money order in the proper amount. You may also pay by credit card or debit card.
- If you have ever been arrested, you should bring with you certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
- If you were born outside the United States or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services links:
*No part of this fee is imposed or retained by the office of the Seminole County Tax Collector.